Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Psalm 77

Psalm 77 (NIV)

1 I cried out to God for help; I cried out to God to 
hear me. 2 When I was in distress, I sought the 
Lord; at night I stretched out untiring hands, and 
I would not be comforted. 3 I remembered you, 
God, and I groaned; I meditated, and my spirit 
grew faint. 4 You kept my eyes from closing; I 
was too troubled to speak. 5 I thought about the 
former days, the years of long ago; 6 I remembered 
my songs in the night. My heart meditated and 
my spirit asked: 7 "Will the Lord reject forever? 
Will he never show his favor again? 8 Has his 
unfailing love vanished forever? Has his promise 
failed for all time? 9 Has God forgotten to be 
merciful? Has he in anger withheld his compassion?" 
10 Then I thought, "To this I will appeal: the years 
when the Most High stretch out his right hand. 
11 I will remember the deeds of the LORD; yes, 
I will remember your miracles of long ago. 12 I 
will consider all your works and meditate on all 
your mighty deeds." 13 Your ways, God, are holy. 
What god is as great as our God? 14 You are the 
God who performs miracles; you display your 
power among the peoples. 15 With your mighty 
arm you redeemed your people, the descendants 
of Jacob and Joseph. 16 The waters saw you, God, 
the waters saw you and writhed; the very depths 
were convulsed. 17 The clouds poured down water, 
the heavens resounded with thunder; your arrows 
flashed back and forth. 18 Your thunder was heard 
in the whirlwind, your lightning lit up the world; 
the earth trembled and quaked. 19 Your path led 
through the sea, your way through the mighty waters, 
through your footprints were not seen. 20 You led 
your people like a flock by the hand of Moses and Aaron.

Every human on this earth has had at least one moment of doubt, one time where their faith is not at it's strongest. We fall prey to the words of the enemy and ultimately we begin to doubt our Lord. What we must remember is that we serve and love a God who is constantly active in our lives and in the world around us. He is present in the joy and equally present in the sorrow. At times our hearts forget to listen. Let's train ourselves to never forget everything the Lord has already done for us and prepare our hearts to recognize his presence among us, even in the times that we have doubts.

Quenton Todd is a senior majoring in music education. 

No comments:

Post a Comment